The Centre is set to allow all workplaces, public and private, to organise vaccination sessions at their premises if the workplace has about 100 eligible beneficiaries.
States & UTs have been asked to prepare themselves for this launch by April 11.
- Beneficiaries will be required to register in CoWIN portal.
- No family member or outsider would be allowed to get the shot at the workplace barring the eligible employee.
- The workplace will have to be linked to cold chain facilities as also private and government vaccination centres.
- The existing health infrastructure in these workplaces would be allowed to be utilised for vaccination.
- The allocated government or private Covid-19 vaccination centre will be tasked to train healthcare workers for the vaccination drive.
- The district administration will deploy vaccination teams at government workplaces. Private vaccination centres will deploy healthcare staff at private workplaces.